Friday, February 29, 2008

Everyone is at the starting line

I always tell some of my friends in university that never belittle yourself if you face with a someone who is better than you in study or work performance. Why? I always believe in hardwork. 5% might come in the form of talent. But 95% must come form sheer hardwork. I came across this line in paper which I used as encouragement to myself and my friends too. It's a quote from inspirational speaker Richard L. Evans:

"Don't let life discourage you; everyone who got there he is had to begin here he was"

I thought he must be stealing my quote. The message is quite same with the version of mine but I do add this:

"If you don't know something that doesn't mean you are stupid. It is because the person who knows it learned it earlier than you only. Everyone has a starting point where he/she doesn't know something. It just a matter of time"

I might be an engineer an the accountant might say I stupid if I don't know what account is. But if you give me 4 years to enrol and study accountancy, I'm sure I can be up there too.

No comments: